Introduction: Arduino Cyclone Game

I give birth never played the realistic cyclone arcade game only I like the idea to play with our response time.

I organized a miniaturized secret plan. It consists in 32 LEDs forming a circle, the LEDs lights upwards severally as a led chaser. The finish is to press a push when the red LED lights upwardly.

VIDEO HERE

Supplies

  • 29x green led
  • 2x yellow led
  • 1x red light-emitting diode
  • 1x 12mm led push button
  • 4x 74HC595
  • 1x Arduino nano
  • Ø3mm thermionic tube 46mm long
  • 1x I2C OLDE presentation 128*32
  • Wires
  • 3D printer
  • primer + paint
  • gumption paper
  • soldering iron
  • Mini USB cable + USB power source

Step 1: Rules

I added to this game its own score rules as advantageously arsenic speed changes to get in more challenging,

-if you stop on the blood-red led : the score increases by a assess between 4 and 20 depending on the speed. The speed increases by 2%.

-if you stop on a yellow led : the score increases by 2 and the speed increases by 10%

-if you diaphragm connected a green led : game finished

I also added a bonus for really skilled players !

-if you stop on the red led 3 multiplication in a row while the speed is above 80% : the speed returns to 20% ! (stars bespeak the progression of that bonus)

the first LED to lights prepared is chosen randomly by the arduino as well as if it turns clockwise Beaver State counterclockwise.

Step 2: Prototyping

That was the ill-use where I tested every kinds of scoring rules. The arduino nano board does not take in enough output pins to cause 32 LEDs so I used quaternion 74HC595 chips, each single dynamical 8 Leds, those are working really well and it uses only 3 arduino turnout pins !

I made this circuit diagram:

and here is the arduino code (you will demand this library for the oled expose and this program library for the hc595 chips)

Pace 3: The Enclosure

Scheming:

The enclosure has been fashioned in Fusion 360, it is composed of 4 parts.

You can find the .STL and .f3d files on Cults3D HERE

3D Printing:

The upper torso will require supports to print. I written all the parts using PLA glass filum with default settings on Cura, and 3D printed on a Creality Ender3

Post-Printing:

For this undertaking I wanted to try a finishing technique for 3D printing process.

here is what the 3D print looks like ...

I first sanded the pieces with 120 to 800 grit sandpaper

I applied a primer coat

I sanded it again with 800 grit sandpaper

Then I added 3 coats of black spraying paint
here you have the "before and after" comparaison :

Step 4: Assembly

Stone's throw 5: Have Fun!

Now, you fitting have to plug the arduino to a 5V power source (power bank, laptop computer,...)

and then it will start by itself.

Try to make the highest score !

Mine is 1152 good luck!

Be the First to Share

Recommendations